Siemens Software Engineer in Milford, Ohio
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 232865
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
As part of our Lifecycle Collaboration Software (LCS) organization, you
will be involved in development projects for Teamcenter platform
development. As a member of the Teamcenter platform/cloud development
team, you will help develop the foundation modules and infrastructure
for Teamcenter solutions both in cloud and on-premises deployments.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Designing and implementing new software features for the Teamcenter
platform with focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving
high quality and on-time delivery
• Maintaining and supporting existing software
• Participating on a Scrum Team to support the Scaled Agile Framework
(SAFe) software development methodology
• Learning comprehensive and diversified knowledge of
engineering/computer science methods and practices
• Diving into requirements definition, in-depth analysis, and code
• Discovering innovative solutions to meet evolving customer use cases
• Validating software quality through unit testing, writing automated
tests, and defect fixing
• Solving complex technical problems
• Engaging with the extended Teamcenter Platform Team (Product
Management, Development, Quality Assurance, Documentation and Customer
Support) to support the full life cycle of product development.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math
or related field is required
• Experience in Java and C++ programming, preferably in the Microsoft
Visual Studio environment
• Comfortable working in Windows, Unix, and Linux environments and
familiarity with cloud infrastructure and services.
• Experience with Agile software development, Test-Driven Development
(TDD), automated unit testing, and robust software engineering
• Exposure to PLM systems is beneficial
• Ability to work and communicate collaboratively as part of a
geographically dispersed team
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communications
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .