Siemens Software Engineer - Process Architect in Lebanon, New Hampshire
Software Engineer - Process Architect
Locations:Lebanon, New Hampshire
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 232580
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Lebanon
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
• This position will focus on the on-going improvement of the software development process in terms of cost-efficiency, quality and time to market.
• This position will focus on developing business intelligence and data analysis tools to aid in the development of metrics used to improve the software development process. Business intelligence systems include operational databases, data warehouses, data models, reporting tools and reports, as well as data loading and ETL processes.
• The position is also responsible for the on-going evaluation of emerging process paradigms related to software development and new tools to support existing and planned methodologies.
• This position will work with internal customers to gather requirements and establish verification standards. Internal customers include quality assurance, product management, project management, production, and development personnel.
• The position will work closely with system administrators and test framework engineers.
• This position is a member of the DevOps team and reports to the Senior Manager of DevOps. The DevOps team focuses on Siemens multidisciplinary design software and is part of Simulation & Test Solutions within Siemens Product Lifecycle Management.
The Process Architect is responsible for designing, programming, enhancing and implementing tools and processes to continually increase development productivity and improve product quality. Systems and processes designed are expected to make efficient use of both human and compute resources.
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
• Working with stakeholders to provide business intelligence infrastructure and reports to support the continual improvement of the software development process.
• Maintaining existing reporting and business intelligence systems.
• Using business intelligence systems to analyze gaps and weaknesses of the software development process.
• Working with stakeholders, including development and operations personnel, to highlight process deficiencies and recommend improvements based on the results of data analysis.
• Gathering requirements from the development community.
• Writing report and process documentation.
• Hands-on development of internal data stores and reporting structures.
• Solving diverse issues to enable and improve the development process.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Bachelor’s Degree plus work experience.
• Experience with business intelligence tools, such as SAP, Pentaho, or Tableau.
• Experience creating and running ETL jobs.
• Experience using REST and SOAP API's, JSON and XML.
• SQL and general relational database proficiency, including MySQL and PostgreSQL.
• Non-SQL databases, such as Vertica and Hana.
• Familiarity with Linux and Window operating systems.
• Comfortable with design as well as implementation.
• Excellent teamwork skills and ability to assist other team members in problem-solving.
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight.
• Ability to communicate clearly and precisely is required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Familiarity with AI tools and paradigms.
• Knowledge of Physics or math.
• Knowledge of CAD or 3D graphics.
• Knowledge of Graphic design.
• Knowledge of Parallel computing.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .