Siemens Service Project Manager in Canton, Massachusetts
Service Project Manager
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 232583
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for an experienced Sr. Project Manager to support our Mechanical Services business in the Massachusetts & Rhode Island area. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position manages multiple projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance. The Sr. Project Manager supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. This position will ensure customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
Additional Responsibilities include:
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications, contracts, and codes to determine project requirements.
• Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
• Responsible for the coordination of Field Engineering, Installation of Equipment and Systems, Managing of Subcontractors and Vendors, and Commissioning Activities.
• Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs.
• Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
• Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field preferred, although candidates with an Associate’s Degree or equivalent with an emphasis in a technical field will also be considered
• Must have at least 5-8 years’ experience managing projects
• Strong knowledge of HVAC Mechanical Systems
• Excellent contracting skills
• Must have an understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects
• Must have the ability to resolve the scope of work and contractual issues on assigned projects, as well as the ability to price proposes and negotiate projects and change orders
• Must have the capability to accurately forecast project costs by calculating earned value, and accurately assessing monthly Cost To Complete (CTC) on assigned projects
• The aptitude to understand and interpret contracts drawings and project specifications related to our work
• Must have strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Why Siemens? We offer
• A competitive base salary
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate.
•Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .