Siemens Service Operations Manager - Energy Management Systems/HVAC Controls - Bridgeville, PA in Bridgeville, Pennsylvania
Service Operations Manager - Energy Management Systems/HVAC Controls - Bridgeville, PA
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 232725
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Bridgeville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 45%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/buildingtechnologies.html
Service Operations Manager 1 – (Responsible for Service Projects)
The Pittsburgh Service Department has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced individual within our Building Technology Division located in Bridgeville. The Operations Manager for projects will report to the Branch Service Operations Manager and support the goals and targets set forth by the Management Team.
In this role, you will have responsibility for managing all aspects of the service project business, developing a dedicated installation team comprised of; Project Managers, Engineering Specialists, Technicians, Installers and Subcontractors and have responsibility for the P&L of the project base.
· Plan, organize, direct and control all service project activities to assure proper execution within the planned financials.
· Advises the Service Operations Manager regarding operations planning, including resource hiring, development and allocation of resources to effectively execute service project business.
· Manage revenue and gross margin to achieve monthly and annual business plans. Monitor project status and control job costs to maintain margins.
· Provides monthly forecast data for all service projects and insures the forecasted commitment is achieved
· Directs and supervise the implementation of service project work to insure customer commitments are met within the estimated dollars. Provides necessary supervision of all service and retrofit work and personnel on assigned jobs. Ensure schedules are maintained and work proceeds in accordance with project requirements and customer expectations. Determine resource needs (e.g. staffing, tools) and provide any corresponding justification to the Service Operations Manager for approval.
· Conducts financial reviews with the sales and operations team to insure proper pricing and scope of work definition for service project opportunities or change orders. Builds and maintains an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
· With the Service Operations Manager, performs monthly financial reviews of all service projects, in accordance with Siemens project management standards.
· Manage or advise on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of assigned personnel within area of responsibility.
· Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures and productivity tools where applicable. Maintain current knowledge of regulatory laws, changes and requirements and ensure compliance. Advise and implement industry/field best practices to improve products, applications and services.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Associates degree in Business Administration, or equivalent work experience.
· 5 years’ experience in project management of low voltage electronic systems and coordination or supervision of employees or subcontractors
· Strong understanding of business financials, forecasting and an ability to implement cost controls.
· Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties effectively.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
· Experience with SAP or other business financial software.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age to be able to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Documented completion of Siemens or other project management training programs.
· BS in Finance or Engineering
· Experience with employee supervision and development.
Responsible for the management of 10 – 12 direct reports including:
· Service Project Managers
· Service Engineering Specialists
· Field Service Technicians
· Electronic Installers
· Project Coordinator
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .