Siemens Solutions Support Specialist - Building Automation/HVAC Controls - Beltsville, MD in Beltsville, Maryland
Solutions Support Specialist - Building Automation/HVAC Controls - Beltsville, MD
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 227831
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Beltsville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Assists with routine equipment installations, trial runs and service activity (start-up, checkout and troubleshooting of terminal equipment controllers and end-devices) run to ensure that it meets specifications. Provides assistance with training customer to maintain and adjust routine equipment. Performs routine maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc. and completed required service/installation or systems paperwork. Assists with responding to routine service or systems calls. Performs routine work within technical or paraprofessional areas. Identifies problems as they occur and suggests appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is not difficult or complex. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from others.
• Assists with the routine performance of System Preparation, startup & commissioning:
· Provides assistance to the engineering group to create and/or verify point database.
· Supports the upload of point database
· Assists with the modification of graphics
· Participates with verification of point database that they are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence.
· Contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed
· Assist with the set up and configuration of PC workstations and user interfaces
· Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance:
· Runs routine reports to review system operation.
· Technical issues will be reviewed with manager and customer to decide best course of action
· Supports the assurance of customer acceptance
· Completes and submits routine written reports.
· Provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• High School, GED or Technical School
• Experience or training with HVAC installation, troubleshooting and start-up(residential or commercial) and/or electrical components (e.g. relays, communication wiring, power supplies, low voltage, etc.) preferred.
• Basic knowledge of HVAC fundamentals & concepts
• Basic knowledge of Electrical Circuits
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
• Understanding of business operations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .